About UK Web Focus
UK Web Focus is the job title of Brian Kelly. This post provides an advisory service on Web innovations, standards and best practices. Brian is based at UKOLN, a national centre of expertise in digital information management.
Role of the UK Web Focus Blog
The UK Web Focus blog provides a key communications channel for engagement with Brian’s user communities and for disseminating information on UK Web Focus activities. Note that further information on the policies for this blogare available.
Status of the UK Web Focus Blog
The following summary of the status of this blog is available. This information is being provided in case the blog becomes corrupted and needs to be restored.
- The UK Web Focus blog is a live blog which was created on 1 November 2006.
- The blog uses plugins which are provided on the WordPress.com site.
- The blog uses the Andreas theme.
- The main author is Brian Kelly. Marieke Guy also has access to this blog. In addition a number of guest posts have been published on the blog.
The following widgets are used on the blog: Left hand sidebar:
- About this blog text widget.
- Recent posts widget.
- Recent comments widget.
- Calendar widget.
- Archives widget.
- Category cloud widget.
Right hand sidebar:
- Search widget.
- Link widget (to Lijit Search tool).
- Text widget with details of current Featured Paper.
- Blog stats widget.
- Text widget with details of blog usage statistics provided by Sitemeter and Clustrmaps.
- Text widget with link to email subscription service.
- RSS widget with links to RSS feeds for blog posts and comments.
- Text widget with link to Syndicate this Page facility.
- Text widget with details of Creative Commons licence.
- Text widget with information about the blog and link to UKOLN home page
- Text widget with contact details.
- Text widget with links to businesscard2.com and about.me services.
- Top posts widget.
- Text widget with details of EBuzzing ranking.