Preservation of Web Resources: The JISC PoWR Project
Title: Preservation Of Web Resources: The JISC PoWR
Authors: Brian Kelly, Kevin Ashley, Marieke Guy, Ed Pinsent, Richard Davis and Jordon Hatcher
Conference: iPres 2008
Preservation Of Web Resources: The JISC PoWR, Brian Kelly, Kevin Ashley, Marieke Guy, Ed Pinsent, Richard Davis and Jordon Hatcher. iPres 2008 Conference, British Library, London. 29 – 30 September 2008.
The co-authors of this paper are:
- Brian Kelly, UKOLN, University of Bath, UK. ORCID: 0000-0001-5875-8744
- Kevin Ashley, ULCC, University of London, UK. ORCID: 0000-0001-7546-5978
- Marieke Guy, UKOLN, University of Bath, UK. ORCID: 0000-0002-0382-8482
- Ed Pinsent, ULCC, University of London, UK
- Richard Davis, ULCC, University of London, UK
- Jordon Hatcher, UK.
This paper describes the work of the JISC-funded PoWR (Preservation Of Web Resources) project which is developing a handbook on best practices and advice aimed at UK higher and further educational institutions for the preservation of Web sites and Web resources.
The paper summarises the challenges institutions face in preserving Web resources, describes the workshops organized by the project in order to identify the challenges and identify appropriate bes practices, and outlines areas in which further work is required.
- Opus (University of Bath): [About]
- Bibliometrics: [About]
- UKOLN page: [About]
- Conference web site:
- Accompanying slides on Slideshare: [Link]
- Video recording of presentation: [Link]
0 citations according to Google Scholar Citations on 20 February 2013
Feel free to use the comment facility to ask questions, provide feedback, etc.