About UK Web Focus
UK Web Focus was the job title of Brian Kelly when he worked at UKOLN from 1996 until 31 July 2013. Since this term is widely known it continued to be used to support Brian’s role and Innovation Advocate at Cetis. The term is now the name of Brian’s company which he uses for his role as an independent consultant.
Role of the UK Web Focus Blog
The UK Web Focus blog provides a key communications channel for engagement with Brian’s user communities and for disseminating information on UK Web Focus activities. Note that further information on the policies for this blog are available.
Summary of the UK Web Focus Blog
The following summary of the status of this blog is available. This information is being provided in case the blog becomes corrupted and needs to be restored or if the blog is archived.
- The UK Web Focus blog is a live blog which was created on 1 November 2006.
- The blog uses plugins which are provided on the WordPress.com site.
- The blog uses the Andreas09 theme.
- The main author is Brian Kelly. In addition a number of guest posts have been published on the blog.
The following widgets are used on the blog: Left hand sidebar:
- About this blog text widget.
- A photo of the author.
- Link to the author’s ResearchGate profile.
- Recent posts widget.
- Recent comments widget.
- Calendar widget.
- Archives widget.
- Category cloud widget.
Right hand sidebar:
- Search widget.
- Text widget with details of current Featured Paper or Featured Project.
- Email subscription widget.
- Twitter widget.
- RSS widget with links to RSS feeds for blog posts and comments.
- Text widget with link to Syndicate this Page facility.
- Text widget with details of blog usage statistics provided by Sitemeter and Clustrmaps.
- Text widget with link to email subscription service.
- Text widget with details of Creative Commons licence.
- Text widget with information about the blog.
- Text widgets with contact details.
- Top posts widget.
- Text widget with details of EBuzzing ranking.
- Privacy details.
- Links to other blogs.