The following posts have been published on the UK Web Focus on areas relating to use of Facebook.
Summary: The five posts published between October 2010 and August 2012 summarise Facebook’s growth in use across institutions, summarise technical developments and reflects on lessons which can be learnt from Facebook’s popularity.
- Over One Million ‘Likes’ of Facebook Pages for the 24 Russell Group Universities, 2 August 2012
Provides evidence of use of Facebook across the 24 Russell group universities, based on the numbers of ‘likes’ given to institutional Facebook page .
- Facebook and Twitter as Infrastructure for Dissemination of Research Papers (and More), 4 January 2012
Describes how Facebook (and Twitter) appear to be being used as part of the dissemination infrastructure for research papers.
- Things We Can Learn From Facebook, 2 July 2012
Summarises lessons which can be learnt from Facebook’s popularity.
- Thoughts on Facebook, Linked Data and Other Developments, 29 March 2011
Describes Facebook’s developments., including the Open Graph API.
- Planet Facebook Becomes Less of a Walled Garden, 8 October 2010
Describes Facebook developments which allowed users to download their data.